Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always easier to ask a rhetorical ? than do research and you old timers love to help me so here goes: my starter always sounds like it's dragging and I'm afraid to play my radio or use other gadgets without the engine running. Are y'all doubling 6 volt bats or 12s? Are you paralleling them or putting a switch in? And also I have an onboard compressor for my shocks and cannot use the space under the seat for a battery, has anybody got a good alternate installation method? I'm sure I'll have more ?s after I read your responses. Thank You in advance for your input.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have two 12s in parallel. Added the second one when I put my light bar on but it's mainly for more piece of mind because I use my winch quite a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two 12s in parallel. Added the second one when I put my light bar on but it's mainly for more piece of mind because I use my winch quite a bit.

So when you parallel both pick up volts from the charging system? Btw is it a magneto or alternator? I've never looked under the hood. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Magneto. Passenger firewall is where I installed a second controlled by a switch.
Ran all accessories to it. With the switch you also can run both together or isolate one or the other. Everyone has their own preference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magneto. Passenger firewall is where I installed a second controlled by a switch.
Ran all accessories to it. With the switch you also can run both together or isolate one or the other. Everyone has their own preference.

That's helpful. Thank You

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ya.....who you calling old timer young blood !

I'm ripe but not rotten. (Yet) hungry for knowledge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts