Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My commander only has about 20 miles on it and I have noticed this clank noise whenever I take of from a dead stop. It is almost like there is to much slack or play in the drive shaft. It happens in either forward or reverse. It might not have anything to do with the drive shaft, but it is my best guess...

Any one have any suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My commander only has about 20 miles on it and I have noticed this clank noise whenever I take of from a dead stop. It is almost like there is to much slack or play in the drive shaft. It happens in either forward or reverse. It might not have anything to do with the drive shaft, but it is my best guess...

Any one have any suggestions or advice?
That's the nature of this beast. You'll get used to it after a while.

·
Registered
326 Posts
its the helix clunking on the secondary...at least that's what alot of others are saying. The aftermarket clutch eliminates this according to those who purchased one because it eliminates the stock helix. sometimes it is loud sometimes it isn't...guess it just depends how much space the helix has before engagement. I have the X model and it gets quieter with time due to break in i guess...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
It also tends to go away with a little bit of break in. (either that or you just get used to it...lol)

But yes, Adam’s clutch removes it... first thing I noticed.

Mark

·
Registered
179 Posts
Still there after 160 miles; maybe I am getting used to the sound or better at easing into the throttle, Can-Am says it is "Normal" - I do not agree, I've been around long enough to know metal-to-metal clank is only good if you are running a Jack-Hammer.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It is normal. Unacceptable, but normal. It won't bother you to bad as you get used to it.
Jeff, I found an XT in Wellsville, the one on ksl, did you see it? Well I bought it, going to Eureka in the morning for a ride with the guys from work! :partsin01:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts