Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any knowledge on the dragonfire doors? I am looking to add a set of doors and was looking at blingstar vs dragonfire. I like the looks and some of the features of each but not sure if the extra money is worth the dragonfire.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they pretty easy install or mainly time consuming...and what do you like about them..do you have them

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are several posts about them - People seem to love them. Clarky has an excellent write up as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Definitely do a search by dragonfire and you'll find good stuff. I have them and posted a bunch of pix and gave some tips to watch out for. Right side was a pain, driver's side was cake. That's typical for most doors as I understand. I love the quality, latches, style, and easy removal of the DFR doors. I swore a lot on the right side door install...and they were still totally worth it (to me).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I finally found the other two posts y'all wrote and have saved them for when I order mine..so safe to say takes about 8 hours of good language and maybe some motivating spirits (haha) to get em done...hopefully will get to order them at the end of the month

·
Registered
286 Posts
honestly the disassembly and reinstalling of the dang commander side is the hardest part, the first side I did I took the front fender off from the bottom portion, I recommend take them off together if you have an xt with the fender flares it makes it a lot easier to reinstall,

·
Registered
839 Posts
Love the Dragonfires! Nice doors and ripping the commander apart is the worst part! You should be really happy with them and they really make the machine look GOOD!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If I was to do it again I would have ponied up the extra 3-400 for the highboys... I have the Blingstar's and they do OK but the striker pin needs to be tightened all the time and the doors when opened all the way rub the plastics and now look horrible. I am going to weld the pins in place.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If I was to do it again I would have ponied up the extra 3-400 for the highboys... I have the Blingstar's and they do OK but the striker pin needs to be tightened all the time and the doors when opened all the way rub the plastics and now look horrible. I am going to weld the pins in place.
They rattle to unless I have a rubber bumper between the lower part of the door and plastic to keep tension on joints.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered DFR doors yesterday and they are to.be delivered today...can't wait to get a free weekend now to cuss and get em on..haha

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is it like the rubbins racin motto, "if you ain't cussin you ain't wrenchin"! Bahahaha

Congrats you'll be real stoked when all done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts