Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my windshield installed. Its a little more on the prototype side but really just want to see how it last. Can anyone give any insight from their own builds or buys?

One major problem I have already had is the utv amazon wiper setup is too big for it.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
I built a push out glass windshield for my SxS and had worked well . I use a wiper motor out of a dodge minivan . It looked good for years but now the frame is getting rusty . It’s just old junk now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice do you have any pics of the tilting mechanism?

Mine survived a flop in the yard so I was happy. The bottom vents don't do much for the driver though. Really should have extended the glass to the roll cage on the driver side as well.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts

Locking slide on one side and a gas lift shock on the other side

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. Is the frame square tube and they glued the window in like a car? Mine is seated with a h channel. Looking for my 2.0 build. I need more air flow and some more visibility on the driver side a piller.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
Window is safety glass like a car windshield and it’s glued on . Last time I had it changed it cost me 30 bucks installed . The glass frame is square tube with flat iron welded on for the glass to be glued to . Second glass in 10 000 miles . They get scratched up from mud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts