Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Went to the website. Looks like they have a lot of other colors / patterns. Anyone try this system yet? Pics?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did try on eof their kits out. I will say that it worked very well on small items. I camo dipped my gun stock, and a deer skull, but I think that some vinyl camo wraps would work better for ATV plastics - something like this www.camo4u.com

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wyoming T/A didn't have a very good experience with the stuff, as best I can remember.
Had several complete messes on his. Turns out they (seller and/or manufacturer) said the activator was no good. I'm thinking he returned all of it for a refund.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
This was pulled out of the bottom drawer....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Wyoming T/A didn't have a very good experience with the stuff, as best I can remember.
Had several complete messes on his. Turns out they (seller and/or manufacturer) said the activator was no good. I'm thinking he returned all of it for a refund.
User name change--you are correct sir--DO NOT waste you time and money --JMO --I had enough to do my sportsman 500 and my Can Am---thank god I only had to repaint the sportsman:wacko::wacko: ended up with about a 60% refund--never saw the rest--VVVVVERRRRY hard and I had a pretty good set up !!!!!:rating01:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I bought the kit. Did a custom billet shifter handle my nephew milled for me in camo and inserted spent .40 cal casings in it. I dipped that muter [email protected]@ker 10 times and it still was not right. It is not as easy as they make it look on you tube. :icon_ nono2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
DIY kits usually come with inferior film, paint, and activator and that is why they sell them so cheap. I do this professionally with a tank and high quality films and activator and occasionally I have one of those Ahhhh Sh%^&*(t moments. Hydrographing looks real easy on YouTube but the reality is if you start trying to dip something other than a square box, technique, proper paint, proper tanks and experience is the only thing which will get you a professional look.

I will be doing my Commander over the winter and will post pics when I'm finished.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We found this other site up in Canada that offers the Brand Name dip kits -

www.camoDIY.com

Seems like it may be a little different type of kit?
It looks like they are using TWN film which is a good film company but film is only one piece to the puzzle. I can almost guarantee the quality of the activator is complete crap - especially if they are using the TWN2010 activator which is the bottom of the barrel in the industry.

There are paints prepared specifically for hydrographing which has to be used on HDPE plastic which is what 99% of the fenders are on ATVs/SUVs. You also have to "flame treat it" prior to painting with a torch to expel silicon from the plastic which is infused when molding it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts