Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post and I’m trying to figure everything out so bare with me. I have a 13 commander and I was looking for some doors but wasn’t looking to spend top dollar. I saw some other threads on dirt specialties for around $360. Is anybody running these on their rigs? Any issues? I know they’re not gonna be as top notch as some of the expensive stuff just looking to keep the mud out of the cab.
Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have these. The fit is generally ok, no complaints, and definitely taken a beating. The profile matches the rig and lets it slide thru the trees when it gets tight. Been on its side a number of times in the back woods and kept me protected, and keeps the mud out pretty darn well, they are cut nicely to match the opening. When putting around with the kids it keeps everyone contained, and easy enough to use my small kids can pop the door just fine from the inside when needed. Would buy again.

You can probably dig thru my profile/history and see photos, or if no i can take any pictures you want if there's something you want to see. IIRC there's not a lot of room in the latch area when you're installing the catch on the frame, so that's kind of a pain, but would be true of any doors I would guess.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you flip it on it’s side, do you have to re-alight anything on the doors? Also I noticed it said you had a 2 inch lift, would that happen to be the RT pro? I just installed that lift and was wondering if I’m good on stock axles?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Haven't had to realign anything yet. Noticed at the end of the year last year my drivers door was skimming one of the rocker panel rivets, so must have moved something a little at some point, but not worried about it.

You know, I don't remember what the lift is. 2in bracket kit I bought as a take-off from an ebay seller parting one out. Stock axles. I think I may have shimmed one side as a result of some clunk noise and reading too much online, but it didn't do anything nor does it have a problem. Probably pulled it back out. These things just make a lot of goofy noises it seems.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Running Dirt Specialties doors and the RT Lift for a couple of years now. No problems with either. Both are well worth the money.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed Dirt Specialties doors this week. Going riding tomorrow for first time with them, but they seem solid and good quality. I couldn't wait to get rid of the nets. There are 3 videos on YouTube that I watched before installing, pretty much gives you a good idea what to expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts