Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
OMG how has everybody been doing? Stapleton, when you coming down to Southwest MO so we can go riding?

Anyways, followup on the thread. I have now had the Beamtech H11 installed on the Defender for about a year, everything is still working great with them, I've taken them through water several times and no issues. I also installed Beamtechs on my Navigator and they have been working great there too. I actually get alot of people that flash their brights at me because they think I have my brights on, and if I'm fast enough I can actually flash my brights back at them and make them think a flash bang just went off in front of them! I get joy out of it, IDK i'm weird...hope everybody has been doing well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to start a thread on the Defender LED headlight swap. I have been trying to research this but could not find to much info on changing to led bulbs. I just changed mine in my defender to LED's. It was really simple to do. It took me about 20 minutes. The hardest part was finding a good spot to zip tie the extra wire. The LED's come with a little extra wire with a little box on the wire that will have to be Zip tied up out of the way. Other than that it was just plug and play. I did notice on two of them that they were not working at first. All I did was unplug the bulb and spin the connector and plugged them back in and they worked perfect. The connectors can plug in two ways so if it's wrong the first time just turn it and re plug it together. The lights I got from Amazon. They are Qcheye H11 LED Headlight Bulbs. They seemed to be very well made. I am happy with them. The defender has H8 stock bulbs. H8's are the same as H9 and H11. The H11 fit just fine in the housing. They seem to be very bright but I have not used them at night yet. There is no warm up time with LED's. I have some pictures to show the difference.
I’m probably the most mechanically inclined Can-Am owner to ever exist, but after reading this thread, I Amazon’d these and gave it shot....

BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb,30mm Heatsink Base CSP Chips 10000 LumenS

SOOOOOO easy to install....soooooo worth it....way brighter! Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
nickdick your lights look good! They are super easy to install. I have had mine in now for about 9 months with no issues. They are extremely bright. Just like Schloop they have been through lots of water, mud, and dust with no issues. I am very happy with the led lights. Everyone have a great Christmas and safe riding!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts