Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Commander XT 1000r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really I'm looking for weaknesses. What is a must do? I will trail ride, hunt, plow, ice fish, and work around our property. I want the mods that will maximize enjoyment/performance. . If I mat it it should go, if I'm trail riding I want to get me home, hunting deal with mud, and climbing over obstacles. Pretty general stuff. Nothing x-gameish.

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Weak points up front knuckles and tie rods.
On rear torsion bar / sway bar the bokts are 10mm they won't stay tight then they break off. Rear diff is a time bomb.

13 was upgrade yr for the front parts and the rear trailing arns are 12mm. But you can tap yours to 12mm. Upgrade yr for rear diff was 16 and up . Most upgrade to the maverick diff buy that's about twice the cost of the 16 and up diff. But it is probably twice as strong . Everything else staying pretty much the same . You will want to get the clutch tools and a spare belt . Mav belt with last three digits is 364. Belt will last twice as long. If by chance you start eating belts you will want to get the clutch Mod done to primary or replace with a aftermarket. Or a 18 and up primary . But I can tell you aftermarket is a lot cheaper and they have a low take off ratio. If I think of something else I will let you know. Lots of threads on everything I have mentioned. But to fund them you will need to surf back several yrs .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Also call a dealer give them your Vin number and make sure the steering shaft recall has been done if it was in the serial number range that was effected.

·
Registered
2018 Commander XT 1000r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm headed out for it's inaugural tour tomorrow. This will be where it starts. I will dig in deeper when I see how the next 5 days go! Thanks for the responses! Look forward to tapping into all of your knowledge!

·
Administrator
26,912 Posts
Lol sorry no clue where I came up with it being a 11 model. Time for better glasses again . 2018 drive the crap out of it. Fix what breaks . But do carry spare belt and tools to change in on the trail.

·
Registered
2018 Commander XT 1000r
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the delay. Here we go. First things first, strong burning rubber on take off. In low or high. Replaced drive belt, for 2 reasons. 1: Just incase it is a worn belt. 2nd: so I am familiar worth the replacement of said belt. Not the issue. Primary howls. Heard this from the get go, from air intake from drivers side. Wasn't familiar with what it was unsure of the cause of the noise. Found out it was the primary.

Looking for primary repair/ upgrade to cure the issue. Bearing, Clutch? Both?

Lock up is slow. I want to make this a great machine. Recommendations appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts