Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Dalton clutch kit

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bollax 
#1 ·
I pretty much have my mind made up on the Dalton DBC 1000 clutch kit for a 2012 xt 1000. Does anyone have any ideas suggestions or alternatives to the kit before I make the purchase? Also the best price I have seen is on Amazon for about $250 does anybody know of any place cheaper? My machine is stock and I use it mostly for trail riding between hunting trips and very very rarely does it ever see mud.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Msfirefighter662

#2 ·
That's the one I have also and I like mine it was $250 also from Amazon. I set mine to engage at 1650 rpm it helps with the slow speeds on my farm. I also lost about 5 mph on top speed only does 70 mph now but I rarely go that fast anyway.

#3 ·
Really most of the time no one is going to run a top speed that often and for any length of time. So the loss of 5mph of the top is not that big of a deal for me. I have seen several people talk about the low rpm engagement speed, can you help me understand the that the low and high speed will do for you. Other then the loss of top end speed what do you think of the kit?

Msfirefighter662

#4 ·
I installed the DBC 1000 kit today along with the Mav 212 belt. I used the 1650rpm engagement spring and I already like it after only 2 miles of riding. The stock belt that I took off looked great with about 950 miles on it. I am confident that it would go for another 1000 miles with the proper riding techniques. I will keep you guys informed on how it is working out for me was I continue to put on more miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.