Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the redesign to help stop the clattering of the clutch. They really thickened up the cover plate and bigger slider shoes compared to the old ones. They also did some rebalancing on the front and back.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There are a bunch of testers right now so I don't know of availability yet. I had my clutch marked for ID purposes and I got my clutch back. They also included a new centering washer which is a lot heavier. Got it put on last night, it's really smooth and quiet as a church mouse, :smile We'll see how it is in a couple hundred miles. To cold to go riding here, have had below zero wind chills for weeks. :crying PS: all the orange markings are there's not mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim, I have over 200 miles on the clutch now and is still perfectly quiet, all i hear is the typical belt squeal at idle to low speed take off and stopping but not as bad as before. No slip just get up and go. The belt seems to be dragging a little on the outer sheave of the clutch making it a little hard to shift but seems to get better when warmed up.Will check this out at a later time. Talked to Andre a little last week but he never mentioned if this new design is being released to the public yet. It's really nice to stand next to the mander and all you hear is the engine running.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. They will probably fine tune before the release. Thanks again and look forward to your final review and what Andre has to say.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will keep everyone updated when I hear more. I have tried contacting Andre but I believe he is on vacation. Will update when I know something.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, been calling but nobody wants to answer there phones!!! Will keep trying. :sad

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK got some info, if your cvtech clutch is making the clattering noise you can call Andre @ 1-418-335-7220 EXT. 226. He only works Monday thru Wednesday. French Canadian so sometimes can be a little hard to understand. I took mine apart for inspection and cleaning and everything still looks good, smooth and quiet. I did drop the weights to 16 grams per block which got rid of the belt squeal (to much squeaze force) and raised my rpm's some which I needed. I am very happy with the way the clutch is performing, it only took 4 years trying this and that which never worked. My mander is a stock 2015 800 with stock size Kanati Mongrel tires. Hope this helps!:smile

1 - 13 of 13 Posts