Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just finished installing a 3 inch cvt blower rated at 170cfm, I mounted above and behind the glove box and it fits perfect I have some pictures of the blower without the glove box put in yet so u could see it!

Also I left the orginal cvt air intake alone so now there are two places where the cvt sucks air!

I used 2 inch pvc pipe all the way through and used a wye coupler so the two air intakes join together in the middle and push air into the cvt.

I tested it just at idle and when the blower is on it pushes about twice the amount of air out the cvt exhaust as if the blower was off so im very happy with that!
I am hoping this will help keep the belt and clutching cooler because when u are running tracks on the commander it really works the belt and gets extremly hot which caused my last belt to blow!!

Also I am going to open up the cvt exhaust a bit but havent got to that yet!!

Well let me know what u guys think? Also in the future I think I will add one more blower to the stock cvt intake location but just havent figured out how im going to fit it in there, the power steering seems to be in the way!
Also I used panty hose for a filter around the blower and it seems to work great!!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good idea I ve an STM Blower kit that I am going to fit tomorrow

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would think if you put a Y in the intake it would blow out the stock intake which would equal less air in the belt.. I bought a STM blower kit and it is a waste of money so i sent it back. $165 to your door for maybe $40 worth of stuff. This is mine in stock location for $85..

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would think if you put a Y in the intake it would blow out the stock intake which would equal less air in the belt.. I bought a STM blower kit and it is a waste of money so i sent it back. $165 to your door for maybe $40 worth of stuff. This is mine in stock location for $85..
DG, A waste of money in the fact that it didn't work as it should have? Or just that you didn't get value for $$$ .

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I was just going to get the STM...but not if it does not work..
What did you put in?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES there is a little air that blows out the stock air intake location but i would say about 85% of the air is going out of the exhaust side and also when the motor is running there is no air coming out of the stock air intake!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good that setup i would like to have two blowers but do u think that if u have ps that a blower would fit in there??

·
Registered
7 Posts
would you have a parts list of what you used?

thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts