Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I Was told that is it...Just put my deposit down on our new addition to the family.....Barbara

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks impressive!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is the spy pic from last week. If you look closely at them both and study the lines, they are the same thing. Look at the seats and roll bar. Look at the display above the steering wheel, they both have the same notch. In the new picture it looks like the BRP logo under the 2011. I think this is really it, and it has Maxis Bighorn tires too!!!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's the radiator, I don't like how it looks completely unprotected. Looks like a twig or branch could get in there and damage it easily. Hopefully that's a metal mesh protecting the radiator I'm seeing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
hope that it is a can am
yes it's for the top sport model Can-Am... my unerstanding is there will be 3 models available stock 800 and them a 800 with some extras and then the sport model with the 1000cc, but we will know for sure on the 7th....Barbara

·
Registered
10 Posts
We're gonna wait and see for what we feel is good reason.

Get the extended warranty is our Bombardier experience.

Bombardier seemed to cover our Speedster 430 fairly well on the stuff that broke.
And everything on it broke, even the steering.
I posted 27 things that broke or failed on it the first day out, less than 2 hours on it.

The design flaws,, well, we were stuck with all that.
But notice the Speedster 430 was pulled off the showroom floor and quickly dis-continued after a 50% price cut.

My point on that is also releasing a vehicle before the bugs are worked out is a Bombardier trademark. I think it's a company policy.

Our Canadian friends won't touch anything Bombardier, and we can certainly understand why.
Everything we ever bought Bombardier had serious flaws the company ignored and released anyway.

That's why you see on You Tube where Canadians pulled the motor outta their newer Snomobiles and put them in a Yamaha quad. The Bombardier snowmobile was such junk, they simply made lemonaid outta lemons is my take.

We sold the POS Bombardier 430 to a NoCali Sea Doo Mechanic that was well aware of the flaws and willing to live and deal with them. Our drastic price cut was the only way he could afford to get one.

So,, eyes wide open for us on anything Bombardier. Canadians swear they changed their name to Can Am to try and erase their awful reputation.

The Commander looks great so far,, but yeah,, we're going to wait and see before we give Bombardier another dime of our money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We're gonna wait and see for what we feel is good reason.

Get the extended warranty is our Bombardier experience.

Bombardier seemed to cover our Speedster 430 fairly well on the stuff that broke.
And everything on it broke, even the steering.
I posted 27 things that broke or failed on it the first day out, less than 2 hours on it.

The design flaws,, well, we were stuck with all that.
But notice the Speedster 430 was pulled off the showroom floor and quickly dis-continued after a 50% price cut.

My point on that is also releasing a vehicle before the bugs are worked out is a Bombardier trademark. I think it's a company policy.

Our Canadian friends won't touch anything Bombardier, and we can certainly understand why.
Everything we ever bought Bombardier had serious flaws the company ignored and released anyway.

That's why you see on You Tube where Canadians pulled the motor outta their newer Snomobiles and put them in a Yamaha quad. The Bombardier snowmobile was such junk, they simply made lemonaid outta lemons is my take.

We sold the POS Bombardier 430 to a NoCali Sea Doo Mechanic that was well aware of the flaws and willing to live and deal with them. Our drastic price cut was the only way he could afford to get one.

So,, eyes wide open for us on anything Bombardier. Canadians swear they changed their name to Can Am to try and erase their awful reputation.

The Commander looks great so far,, but yeah,, we're going to wait and see before we give Bombardier another dime of our money.

Hi.

Some good points there.

I won't touch the newer BRP snowmobiles. I still have an Alpine, Nordik 60 and Skandic. However these machines are decades old. It's true that the older manual tranny atvs were much more relaible. I still have a 1990 kawa bayou 220 2wd and it works better than a brand new 500 (cvt) atv.

My BRP traxter 500 max is more powerful than the 800 outlander. Although it's much slower than the outlander

I built my own custom atv. Therefore looking at a new atv is a mute point.

I will never buy another polaris. My last three polaris atv/utvs were the prime example of lemons.

Since brp does not seem to want to build a utility version. Can-am/brp is no longer on my radar.

I will keep an open mind for the next few days.

However i am not holding my breath.

Oh yes and it should be noted that the can-am name switch and subsiquent drop in product quality is when the beaudoin faminly (formerly bombardier) sold 49% of the brp shares to two guys in New York, USA.

I know that can-am lost a few govt subsidies because of that.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I figured for my 1000th post I would comment on my first post in the forum. Ahhhhh memories.

·
Banned
2,446 Posts
Well I figured for my 1000th post I would comment on my first post in the forum. Ahhhhh memories.
congratulations X:icon_ goofy: you have 1000 post worth reading unlike orange crush

1 - 20 of 44 Posts