Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Cooling system

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bstromback2002 
#1 ·
Hello
I have a 2014 commander 1000xt with an upgraded triple pass radiator put on a couple years ago. Currently having an issue with the cooling system. Front end raised up and coolant filled my buggy seems to heat up to 5 bars for the fan to come on and that is where it stays never cooling back down. Looking for some advice on what may be causing it. I bled the system and can feel the air flow through the radiator and can feel the outflowing tube from the bottom of the radiator is cool. My thought is maybe the thermostat isn't opening the whole way?

#2 ·
I’ve seen threads on here regarding air pockets and water pump impeller failure. If you haven’t had the system open recently, the latter may be your troubles. Someone who knows these machines better will chime in. Good luck. Boog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Yes I’d double check the radiator. I finally plugged my tcp mudder up to the point where I had to pull it after 3 years of mud.
Also like someone else asked have you had the cooling system open recently?? Is the reservoir full? The stock thermostat makes these a pain to bleed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.