Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my old Coleman cooler strapped to the font of the bed. After 125 miles this weekend I’ve decided I need to do something different that doesn’t shift around so much. What coolers are you using and how are you mounting them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
My buddy bolts two small D rings in front corners and uses two turn bucl
Keep hooked to the handles pulling it down and to the front . Very seldom had to tighten them up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy bolts two small D rings in front corners and uses two turn bucl
Keep hooked to the handles pulling it down and to the front . Very seldom had to tighten them up.
Has your buddy done anything to stiffen up the front of the bed to keep it from flexing?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Not that I know of. He did use a rectangular plate under the floor about just to keep the bolts from pulling back out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I keep a large storage box and an igloo 52 qt bmx? Cooler in the bed of my commander. The cooler has dedicated tie down locations. I use 2 lashing straps, one on each side, ran thru the cooler and the bed tie downs. Works like a dream. Rubber lid latches on cooler. I despise having to undo and re do a strap every time i need a cold one. The cooler ia decent..holda ice long enough for me most of the time. Was in a local bass pro yesterday and they had the exact cooler on sale for 109$.
Why a cooler manufacturer makes one these days without specific tie downs makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep a large storage box and an igloo 52 qt bmx? Cooler in the bed of my commander. The cooler has dedicated tie down locations. I use 2 lashing straps, one on each side, ran thru the cooler and the bed tie downs. Works like a dream. Rubber lid latches on cooler. I despise having to undo and re do a strap every time i need a cold one. The cooler ia decent..holda ice long enough for me most of the time. Was in a local bass pro yesterday and they had the exact cooler on sale for 109$.
Why a cooler manufacturer makes one these days without specific tie downs makes no sense to me.
I’ll look into the BMX. I agree about tie down points. I don’t care to buy a yeti or similar for the sxs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts