Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I di mine two weeks ago. Got the front up 24 inches as they say, left it wit the cap off for about a half hour, burped several times. Got it up about 13 inches on the left side best.

Set it down and left it for a few minutes, started it, heated up fast, when it hit six bars I shut it down, turned it on to start the fan without the engine running, when it shut off I waited about 20 minutes and lit er up again, topped of rad and waited cycled 4 times on fan , no problem. I followed exactly the same sequence the next weekend when I found a leak in the pump housing ( no copper washer on the one bolt that needed it, my fault), anyway it worked exactly the same the second time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We use a Mighty Vac. Compressor driven vacuum system recommended by BRP. We had issues bleeding the system after installing the BRP heater without it. Paid 180 for it at Napa. Expensive, but saved a TON of headaches. Also, I've seen radiator 100% clean as indicated by the owner only to find that it was 90% clogged from the backside of the rad. You have to pull the fan and spray from the rear. It will still pull air with mud in the fins. However, mud doesn't disapate heat. One more thing...it sounds stupid, but heat kills the Tstat. They warp. Mine has overheated a lot due to clogged radiators 50 miles out. It eventually killed the Tstat twice in 300 miles.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
He is right on the rad. The fin holes are super small on these I've spent an hour washing out front side

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well I got it fixed. Picked up a new t stat and temp sensor. Replaced both and bled system again. Good to go now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I know its not leaking from either one. I bled it through the bleeder screw and it's on there solid. Also, there's no evidence of it coming through the necks going into the cylinders. My fan will kick on and run continuously like it's not cooling off at all. I'm seriously at a loss here. Could the thermostat be sticking?
Seriously, I have taken the thermostat out completely, my 2016 DPS Commander runs perfectly now, no overheating as before. There's a YouTube video on how to perform this. Best of luck to you..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts