Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it possible? Now that the commander shares a lot with the maverick trail (50"), is it possible to swap a arms/shocks/ cv joints, etc... to make a 50" wide commander? I'm looking to replace my rhino 700 and my rzr900 trail with one new machine. Unfortunately my trails are narrow. No manufacturer makes a narrow sport-utility vehicle (big engine, bucket seats, dump bed, under 56" wide) so I've been seriously thinking about buying a commander and swapping over parts from a maverick trail. I started to compare parts diagrams diagrams and it just may be possible with little to no extra fabrication. Prices for parts actually is not too much and much is available used. What is the width of the commander body? Thoughts? (Besides the fact I'm crazy, lol)

·
Vendor
415 Posts
I'm pretty sure it'll all bolt up just fine and work as a total conversion as long as you're using the Mav Trail length shocks. Not sure on how that would work with the spring rates on those shocks. You may need to get aftermarket springs to customize how it rides...you may not. Who knows. The brake lines from the Commander would be a little long, but you can just reroute to use up a few inches.
You'd need pretty much the entire Mav Trail suspension setup:
  • Front and rear arms
  • Tie rods
  • Axles
  • Mav Trail shocks
You'd also be a little more limited on tire size. You can go with a 30" with our forward A-arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts