Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for info on a better quality more durable control arm bushing kits for my 2011 commander 1000x. I have been through 2 oem sets already. So I am looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am looking for info on a better quality more durable control arm bushing kits for my 2011 commander 1000x. I have been through 2 oem sets already. So I am looking to upgrade.
The only ones I have had luck with are the ones garage products sells.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm running superdaves. Theyre holding up well. These were the first commander bushings on the market. Commander A-Arm Kit

Bill, have you run these?
I have. Went though them very fast. When the second set didn’t last long I switched to garage products and have not has an issue in a year / 1700 ish miles.
Superdave did offer me the second set is a bit of a discount. I am no way bashing his bushings. I personally feel it has to do with the way we ride around here and the elements!? I always grease them with the machine jacked up.
Always clean everything really well with a small flappy wheel or emery cloth when installing new bushings. I put geese on the bushing and in the eyelets when installing them. And on the bolts.

·
Super Moderator
23,509 Posts
When you greased the bushings did you have to loosen the bolts Bill? And by experience if you grease the super Daves bushings they won’t last . They will last longer than stock but greasing they cut the life in half on mine . So they don’t get greased anymore got over 2000 on second set 1000 on first set . But only 200 on factory’s .

·
Registered
225 Posts
With super Dave’s I only had to loosen the bolts the first few rides. Didn’t know I wasn’t to use grease on them.
The garage products bushing I still have to loosen the bolts to grease them.

·
Super Moderator
23,509 Posts
Yeah I found out the hard way. Lol I put first set in got distracted and installed them and only grease on side. But never greased them a second time . When found driver side was loose I ordered another set. But never checked right side . When I went to put them in the driver side was loose do to wear on the sleeves not the bushings . Right side was still tight . And very little wear at all. So didn’t grease second set at all . They have held up great . But garage products are on the list for the quad when they are due. Probably won’t ever need another set for the commander.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah I found out the hard way. Lol I put first set in got distracted and installed them and only grease on side. But never greased them a second time . When found driver side was loose I ordered another set. But never checked right side . When I went to put them in the driver side was loose do to wear on the sleeves not the bushings . Right side was still tight . And very little wear at all. So didn’t grease second set at all . They have held up great . But garage products are on the list for the quad when they are due. Probably won’t ever need another set for the commander.
Wow.
I have been sitting here trying to remember. But I could have sworn Dave’s said to grease them in the instructions. But maybe I am thinking of something else. The older we get it seems it is more difficult to recall this crap. Lol

·
Super Moderator
23,509 Posts
When I talked to him on the phone back in 13 about making them for the commander and he sent me the first set. He told me they didn’t need to be greased but it wouldn’t hurt. But would have to loosen bolts to grease them .

·
Vendor
897 Posts

·
Vendor
316 Posts
There are a ton of different manufacturers out there making good stuff. The best material on the market is UHMW, so any UHMW kit is going to be better than the stock Delrin bushings. We make the UHMW material bushings and the HDPE material, which is a little cheaper but still much better than the standard Delrin material. Shoot for UHMW and you can't go wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts