Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help,
Anyone have a clue or hint on how to remove the passenger grab handle rubber grip?
I have tried all but a jackhammer so far & nada luck....
Want to remove center console cover to heat/sound insulate to keep the beers from exploding in the cup holders...
and reduce burns on the missus legs.
(really it's all about the Brew)
Thanks ,:unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Use a #25 or 30 torx to take the bolt out of the top of the grab bar. Then pull up on the rubber part of grab bar while slightly twisting it and it should slide right off.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Remove the torx screw straight down center of Handel then pull and wiggle till your nuts are about to drop off and finally it will come maybe pry a little on bottom at same time. It's doable but a bitch.That how I got mine off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Remove the screw as stated then pull up from under the bottom of the rubber and it comes right off.

When I remove my center console I don't even take the rubber handle off. I just work the console up over it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
just take the screw out and squirt a lil dish soap down in it.. it comes off very easy with the soap.

·
Registered
806 Posts
When you go to put it back on, use vaseline on the inside handle and bar....never will lock on again.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts