Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put fuse block in and shortly after check engine light came on and communication error, check dps and air fault. Unhooked fuse block and they went off for a short while then came back on. Unhooked my low range sport mode and still got the E where it says what gear I'm in so I bought a angle sensor and am waiting on that. Got a code for the air and temp sensor so I replaced that. Got one for front O2 sensor so was going to replace that but it was loose so I'm thinking that might be the problem with that. Cleaned the terminals on battery and had it load tested and it's good. But still getting Communication Error and Air Fault. Compressor was set to manual but when codes start coming across screen it goes back to auto and i can't change it back. Other than battery what could be causing this? Also took connectors off of DPS and cleaned them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sounds like you have opened a 5 gallon bucket of worms. Did you happen to get in to the diagnostic connector for your fuse block wiring?
diagnostic connector.jpg

·
Registered
764 Posts
You might check F3, 50 amp fuse. Check again for good battery voltage and polarity, then charging voltage with engine running. Might check ECM connectors, too.
ecm.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do that this evening. Was 10 degrees hotter than hell yesterday and I was hung over. If for some chance my ECU is taking a crap on me will something like this one work? I know I will have to get keys made for it. And if I buy one of these will I still have to get compressor removed from system or can I just take it out after installing this.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can't answer that. Reading that product description, you send them yours and they reflash it. It sounds like yours has missing or corrupted modules, and I don't know if aftermarket flashers can address that. You could contact mrrpm, a member here, and ask him about it.
can.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Machine has been in shop since 2nd week of July and still haven’t looked at. Could this be a rectifier regulator issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts