Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea of the general service schedule required by a new machine? First time buyer wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check with the dealer, he may have the owners manual for your new machine.
Congratulations on your new purchase, let us know your thoughts on it after getting it dirty a few times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check with the dealer, he may have the owners manual for your new machine.
Congratulations on your new purchase, let us know your thoughts on it after getting it dirty a few times.
Ha! They don’t have anything for the new commander, not even brochures lol. Just thought someone might have some insight from perhaps multiple purchases or some such.
thanks for the response Golfcart

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Maintenance schedule more than likely hasn't changed. Commander Maverik abd the x3 have had same schedule. Grease after every ride . Change all oils every 100 hrs or 1000 miles. Several links to the 13 service manual it has the Maintenance schedule in it .

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just followed the book.

10hr in wimp mode, no hard take-offs or extensive riding at same RPM. After 10hr, drove it like I stole it.

25hr maintenance (inspection, no fluid changes)
50hr maintenance (fluid changes for oil only)
100hr maintenance (oil, gearbox, differential changes)

Always do a pre-ride check to check the air filter, tire pressures and grease the suspension if needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maintenance schedule more than likely hasn't changed. Commander Maverik abd the x3 have had same schedule. Grease after every ride . Change all oils every 100 hrs or 1000 miles. Several links to the 13 service manual it has the Maintenance schedule in it .
That’s what I’m talking about! Thanks Acefire. Is there a belt change in there somewhere too?

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
No they show check belt wear in mm. But most belts blow long before they wear out. Keep a spare with you at all times. I got 1500 out of my stocker belt but it was 85hp but mav belt got 2500. But mav belt is a lot tougher. And your new machine has mav engine so should have mav belt in it from factory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No they show check belt wear in mm. But most belts blow long before they wear out. Keep a spare with you at all times. I got 1500 out of my stocker belt but it was 85hp but mav belt got 2500. But mav belt is a lot tougher. And your new machine has mav engine so should have mav belt in it from factory.
That’s what I think I remember hearing, thanks again Acefire. Belt will be on board for sure.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ace I think he said in another thread that his machine is the new new commander not just the new old commander with the maverick motor. So he won’t have the OG maverick belt but probably the maverick sport belt. Confusing ain’t it... lol.
I wonder if the maverick (not OG), x3, defender and new new commander belts are interchangeable size wise as they were with the OG mav and commander (I guess we can call it OG too now).

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
I would guess it has defender gearbox with 100hp mav engine. But at this point how knows. So yes belt will probably be different part number . It's going to be very confusing for a while for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts