Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second time question, replaced the water pump seal,used install tool, doesnt leak at idol,heats up fan comes on and goes off. But when i rev the motor it pisses out coolant out the weep hole tube, i dont understand why it doesnt leak at idol, and really pisses out fluid when i rev the motor, anybody ?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Maybe a system restriction? When you increase flow and/or temperature, you will increase system pressure (in a closed system).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure but isnt the rad cap suppose to regulate the pressure? Are you saying the thermostat is not opening?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I don't know about the thermostat. That is something you can check, however. If you've always had the problem, maybe the stat was installed upside down? If everything is free to flow as it should, that would tell me that the rotary seal is still compromised, being that it leaks before the rad cap or a hose clamp.
Added:
That pump seal is fun, isn't it? Anyone doing that without the special tools is asking for problems. I like the Rotax, but they should have come up with a more serviceable design than that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to bad, spent more time taking out the fuel take than removing the seal, but the design is caveman, i have 2006 yamaha banshee and 13 raptor 700r, i run the crap out of both and have not had a water seal failure yet, also they have removable sub casing so you can knock out the seal from back and reinstall from front,while off of the motor,, this sea dont has 750 mi and 84 hrs when i bought and the seal had been leaking prior.. so the seal replace ment was the 1st thing i did, obviously i failed ,, crap design. Crap seal

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well, I'm a Yamaha guy, too. And their machines make everyone else's look bad, except Hondas. If you start to get too fed up with this one, go get you a Polaris. That was a joke............not a good joke, just a joke.:giggle:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts