Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running the Can-Am factory subwoofer in the passenger foot-well? Getting ready to pick up a radio, I'm torn between something like a Bazooka party bar, a the MTX radio with 4 speakers firing forward or the OEM style setup with a subwoofer.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well.....I don't even have a stereo in mine......but....I would want to keep my components high and dry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just not sure how much foot room will be lost. Wife enjoys the extra legroom in the front and with that SSV box, it looks to take up a good chunk of it. Found a subwoofer that's 14x10x3 (13.5" x 9.5" x 2.75" actual). if I can slip that behind one of the seats or under that'd be a nice package with a simple soundbar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not a big music guy but this Bluetooth speaker that’s waterproof from Amazon fits perfectly in the dash.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That worked great for me too....until I got crazy on the trail LOL.

Going with a 27" bluetooth soundbar to hang from the front roll cage firing back. Was looking at the Lanzar AQTB8 subwoofer, but I'm torn on the reviews and from the friend that is selling it it makes the soundbar sound like a pair of 6x9 speakers. Not looking for groundpounding/shaking bass, but definitely want something a little more than that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually - I'm squirreling all over. I just heard about NOAM products

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I put a stereo system in mine several years back. What I did is in this thread: Speaker options for brp 2 piece roof The receiver has Bluetooth (it will control selections from an iPhone too, probably others too), am/fm (because sometimes you just want to listen to the radio), it has an auxiliary input (sometimes plug in my old iPod, cable in glovebox), and it had another input, usb I think for a flash drive but I left it behind the dash as I have no need for it. It also has a subwoofer output for easily adding a sub. I’ve thought about adding a powered sub but I’ve never gotten around to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

I don't have a roof on mine, just a soft top off a maverick that frankly I'm surprised it's still in one piece and not torn. Been spending (a lot) of time reviewing, reading, watching stuff about the NOAM products. I just bought the NUTV5-S system from them. Frankly, the customer service is what won me over.

While I was picking up the rig at the shop yesterday I was talking to one of the parts guys who happens to have the 4-series of NOAM. He really enjoys it, loud and clear. He wishes he got the 5-series with the larger subwoofer (his doesn't have it) but other than that loves it. I reached out to NOAM and I'm picking up the system locally today - Guy really seems to be on it. Can't wait to toss it in this weekend while I'm riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts