Registered
12,614 Posts
I have covers for the two seaters and the big old max buggys
Max cover is different as there cup holders are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so hope I am asking my question in the correct area.

I just bought a 2015 Commander Max Limited and this is the first Can-Am I have ever owned. The only complaint I have is the loud squeal at higher rpms. The dealer told me to put 50 miles on it fir the belt to break in and it will go away. I'm at 90 and it did quiet down but hasn't gone away. Is this normal? I don't mind loud engines but this is such a high pitch it doesn't seem right...

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Not right

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pulled all the plastic center console parts on my 2016 Commander Max. Found foam rubber pads on the inside. How should I apply the sound/heat shield. I can send pictures.

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Best thing I've found so far for the noise is ear plugs, no kidding. They help mute any noise coming from the right seat as well. I keep a box of them in the glovebox. What's left of my hearing is precious to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Commander heat noise

Thanks for the reply. Noise is a problem, however, the heat is a bigger issue. There have been several suggestions about applying heat shield to the underside of the console to mitigate the heat. As I said when I pulled the plastic console parts off I found foam pieces had been added to the underside which would make applying the heat shield difficult. Should I remove the foam pieces?

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Ipbob don't remove your foam or your buggy will get to loud in the cab .
Wrap your exhaust with header wrap and then buy a console cover .

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Idafrog tite tops builds a nice max cover that does the rear console and the front console as well

·
Registered
116 Posts
Idafrog tite tops builds a nice max cover that does the rear console and the front console as well

Thanks I was actually just looking at those. Only issue I see is getting the heater vents to work with the cover. Not sure how one would hook those back up once you cut the hole for them. Nice looking cover for sure.
Can kinda see the vent in this pic. Small round deal to the left of the sub. One on each side of the front tunnel.

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
I use my covers on my buggys and I cut a hole where the heater vents are . Not really a big deal

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
They stop the heat from the console and cut the console noise by a 1/3 at least .
Most people with one don't want to ride without it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not yet. Mine came with the soft doors and hard roof. Other than the noise with the doors on, I haven't found too many other issues. Roof leaks a little around the doors and with it having the solid glass/wiper front windshield, there is little air flow which causes it to really suck up the dust with all the doors off.
Put a 3/4" pipe insulation foam between the top and the windshield... it drastically cut the wind in the cab... that's what I did

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
Put a 3/4" pipe insulation foam between the top and the windshield... it drastically cut the wind in the cab... that's what I did
The last post was 2016 before yours . Lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree, the in cab noise is insane on these units. I often ride with ear plugs in, if I am going to run it more than a few minutes at a time. Basically you are sitting on the engine. And with your enclosed cab set up, wow it must be even worse.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts