Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2015 Commander Max XT a couple months ago with the CSI doors, windshield and roof. I love the machine but WOW is it LOUD riding in the cab. It gets a little better when the windows are down but it is still obnoxious. Has anyone found a way to make these machines quiet? It would be nice to be able to talk to the passengers while driving at speeds above 10 MPH. Any tips or advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The more you enclose them ,the louder any SXS will be. I feel our Max is very quite compared to the Teryx4 I owned and about the same as my 2015 Yamaha Viking-6. And the Vikings motor is out the back.

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
Console cover helps with noise and heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
im removing all the plastics around the center consol & putting sound-heat shield on everything also wrap the exhaust with heat shield it helps with the sound also

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
Console cover would of been more easy and way faster to do .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah but my was cheeper & it still looks stock

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yet. Mine came with the soft doors and hard roof. Other than the noise with the doors on, I haven't found too many other issues. Roof leaks a little around the doors and with it having the solid glass/wiper front windshield, there is little air flow which causes it to really suck up the dust with all the doors off.

·
Registered
12,783 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Read on hear somewhere about using an additive in the differentials called rev x that quieted up things. Anyone try it and does it work.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Read on hear somewhere about using an additive in the differentials called rev x that quieted up things. Anyone try it and does it work.
First off I am not saying you did not read it on hear redbull but after a couple years of reading on this forum have never heard about this additive. One that has been dicused many times is WS2 wich I have put in my rear diff even tho its a 14 and is not as loud as previous years. Its not recommended for the QE front diff. Less friction in the google search engine will give you all the specifics, like. I said and maybe I'm wrong its happened b4 lol but have not heard of the rev x. Anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm running it in both diffs, transfer case, and engine on my 14 max xt. It has cut down on the gear noise and I've been happy with it and have not any problems.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
can you post up a link. all I could find on rev x was engine oil additive?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Rev X is used extensively in Ford 6.0 diesels in the engine oil. Many, many swear by it. It is supposed to help eliminate stiction in the injectors. I have used it in mine and have also tried another comparable product called Archoil which performs similarly but is less expensive. I am NOT saying to use either one just trying to offer a bit of background. A search in the Powerstroke forums will lead to hundreds of posts on the topic.

Steve

·
Registered
231 Posts
Who sells the console cover for the max very interested?? If anyone purchased one can you post pics? Thx

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
[email protected] Check with Troy and see if they are the same or if they have for both.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts