Can-Am Commander Forum banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
So lesson learned . Last night I was in a rush and didn't verify the direction the one way bearing was supposed to go and I installed it backwards. I know big time rookie mistake. I never claimed to be a mechanic...
Anyway, it's put back together properly and luckily? Unluckily? It cost me a belt. It's worn a bit on one side but I will take that over damaging the clutches.
Dark here now so I'll take it for a test run tomorrow, probably after I put a new belt on it.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Your not the first one to put a clutch part on wrong . Don’t feel bad about it . Many would not tackle the job you are doing . It’s just a learning curve or a hiccup .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
So the bike is all back together. Took it for a quick spin last night and the noise is gone. Gotta get a few more miles on it to make sure everything is good, it was dripping coolant on the floor after I came back. I checked all the hoses in the area and they were completely dry. Also it is still full of coolant so I am assuming it was residual from when I was filling it.
I want to thank Slowindown for all the support and for allowing me to hijack his Thread. Thanks also to Acefire and everyone else who helped me out with their knowledge and suggestions. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

201 - 206 of 206 Posts