Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone im new to the forum so bear with me. Im just running out of ideas and options. My pops recently purchased a can am commander lsv all electric cart. It is the camo edition and does have 4wd
2 months ago he left the key in the headlights on position at the house and it sat there for a few days and batteries went completely dead. When i noticed i hooked up charger and let it charge 24 hours.
The batteries show to be charged when you open hood and look at the on-board charger.
But the machine will not move no matter what gear you put it in and the guage cluster is on but does not show anything on screen as to what gear position it is in.
I have talked to many local dealers and none of them have ever seen an electric commander, One dealer said they would give it a try and had it a few days and said to come pick it up, they could not figure it out. Im drawing blanks on what to do, it seems to me like the computer lost its memory and needs to be rebooted.
Any help is greatly appreciated and im located south of Houston, TX

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There have been several threads on here where BRP/CanAm posted themselves offering contact information to get in touch with them directly. It was a canned message though. I am not optimistic that you will get any response or help other than to take it to their "professional" dealers. I think you'll probably have to either contact them directly or keep calling different dealers until you find someone who knows about the electrics. I think the electrics were a very short lived niche market so that may be difficult. While I've heard of the electric ones on here I have never even seen one.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir I tried that also, the lady I spoke with from BRP told me I need to go to the dealer I bought it from and I explained to her that was the only one they ever had and sold and that they were not confident in trying to fix it and she still said I need to drop it off with them and then they can call tech support. Not sure why she wouldnt let me speak with tech support. Maybe there is a different phone number I need to call other than the one on their website

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If it was a standard one I would tell you the factory support number was acefire, Troy, bollax and quite a few others on here...lol. Sorry no one can help much.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts