Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is a Seat belt switch dongle I purchased on Amazon. I am going to try to fit a regular commander seat belt interlock override dongle. I would never drive without belts but the way the seat belt error takes over the dash is a bit annoying. Hopefully this will fit and suppress that scrolling message.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm buying a commander E LSV SE 2014, is it worth it to add the extended warranty? are the batteries covered by the extended warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as the warranty I was told that the warranty was different on the LSV and non-LSV models. The LSV street legal models had a longer warranty period as they fell under a street legal motor vehicle standard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: I paid 10K out the door. It's also been registered with the DMV and I'm loving being completely legal. The Starbucks drive thru is my favorite thing to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I contacted BRP customer service, this is the answer I got:

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

The BEST extended warranty covers manufacturers defects in functional parts only. If there is an issue with your unit you should bring it to any of our dealerships so they can open a case. A senior rep will diagnose the issue and advise if we would provide assistance.

The question now is if batteries are considered a functional parts on the electric model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed that the roof is one piece only, is the two piece roof really useful?

I'm paying $10,748 OTD, with the 4 year extended warranty, it has 10 hours and 55 miles.

Is this a good deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally think that's a good price if it has all the LSV stuff on it already. Just remember, a can am dealer has to do all the work on it. It is my best guess that it MAY void the warranty (I don't know for sure) if you have anyone else work on it. Plus, they need the computer equipment to boot it back up after doing any work. That being said, I think that's a good price for a 2014. They told me they couldn't get a 14' and the 13' is the "same thing." After some research that disproved that (unbeknownst to them-they just went by what can am told them), they reimbursed me 5k because the 13's do not support lithium ion batteries. Then, they gave me $500 more back because they couldn't get the white panels for the back. I used that 500.00 toward the warranty and wrote them a check for 700.00. So, to answer your question, the warranty (transferrable) was 1200.00 for 4 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine isn't the 2-piece roof either but I don't mind. I have a hunch that the 2 piece would leak. They did, however, forget to give me a front bumper (as per the LSV SE package I ordered) and the sales guy will inquire today to the Mgr. my OTD price included bed rails, both bumpers and the extra side mirror. ...but mines a 2013. (Same thing, allegedly, except mine isn't wired to handle lithium ion).

·
Registered
6 Posts
List of required must haves

I understand wanted verses must haves is subjective buy if ya'll wouldn't mind.
please list the link of where to get your top 3 must haves.

Seat belt by pass
Battery maintenance items and where
EXT

Thank you and feel free to email
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2013 E commander , my machine has 7000 km and new battery's last year, as of yesterday across the dash it said "park break fault" and machine in high won't go above 24km and reves off and on almost like a limp mode, I'm not sure of what to do . And help would be appriciated

41 - 60 of 93 Posts