Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Commander Door

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bstromback2002 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Commander. I am considering putting doors on it. I am leaning towards the SuperATV doors but I am open to other options. My question is this. I transport my UTV in an enclosed 7x14 trailer so once inside there is only about 10 inches of room on each side between the trailer wall and the UTV. My concern is being able to get in and out of the UTV with the doors. I'm interested in hearing from anybody else with a similar set up to see if it's possible to get in and out. What I'm really interested in hearing about is if the hinge pin can be easily removed to remove the door for transport and then just quickly re-attach the door after pulling the UTV out of the trailer.

Also, what doors do you all recommend, and why?

Anybody have a set of doors they are looking to sell?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I put the dirt specialties door on mine. Got them off of eBay. I am very happy with them and the only reason I got them is because they were cheap. You can't remove them but I think my enclosed trailer is wider than yours so they work for me.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Given the price difference between the dirt specialty doors and the utv inc (dragonfire also makes removeable doors), I think I'd contact dirt specialties and see if he'd flip one of the bullet hinges for you so they'd lift off when open. When I made my upper doors, I welded the bullet hinges so that they would slide off when not latched.

Or you could do like I did for lower doors, scour the for sale ads on the maverick forum and check ebay until you find a used set - or post want ads on the commander and maverick forums. I got a good fairly cheap set of oem (pro armor) doors off of the maverick forum a few years ago. They dont lift off tho.

#7 ·
Love love love my super atv doors and super ez install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
And this is the guy I bought them from!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.