Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the summer I purchased a 72" Denali snow plow from motoalliance with the anticipation that we would get some snow here in Middle Tn. The plow came in and was missing the commander mount so I had to explain to motoallicne they promptly sent one out. When the mount arrived it did not have any of the required fasteners, motoalliance quickly shipped me the bolts. If this had happened over the winter when there was snow to plow I would have been a lot more upset.

Once all of that was worked out, everything was installed and we got some sow I finally was able to get out and PLAY with my new TOY. We had two snowfalls and got over 10" total. I got out and plowed the whole neighborhood and about 25 driveways in 2 days. All in all I went through 1 tank of gas and 45 miles that resulted in 1/2" of loss on the wear bar. When it is time I plan on replacing the wear bar with 1/2" x 3 1/4" bar for little longer life span.

The plow seems to be great and has worked as advertised. Check out the link for a video of it in action. Watch Video Here!!

Please subscribe and share, Thanks for looking / watching.

Remember to "Always pay it forward"

·
Registered
657 Posts
I love mine, adjust your skid pads (lower them) it will save your wear bar. I don't think I have used any off of my wear bar, this my third winter with the plow.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I love mine, adjust your skid pads (lower them) it will save your wear bar. I don't think I have used any off of my wear bar, this my third winter with the plow.
X2! I watched some of your video, thanks for sharing but if you choose to take the plow right down to the asphalt you will eat up your wear bar in a hurry. Looks like she works good. Cheers, Booger.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Their saying 7"-14" in Denver by morning, let's do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I love it! Works perfect for me, there were some initial set-up issues I had to deal with but it works flawlessly now. I went with it instead of a heavy duty plow like your because of the weight and the way it mounts. My mount is flush with the skid plates so it stays on all year. I even take my plow hunting, takes less than a minute to drop and leave at camp.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Firefighter- I got a chuckle watching your dog. I think he enjoyed the whole experience more than you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Firefighter- I got a chuckle watching your dog. I think he enjoyed the whole experience more than you.
He is my go to passenger when I break out the buggy. Rusty loves to chase and be chased. I let him run a few miles then ride in the back for a while then he is ready to run again. If you watch some of my other Commander videos on youtube you see more of him.

Subscribe & Share.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
He is my go to passenger when I break out the buggy. Rusty loves to chase and be chased. I let him run a few miles then ride in the back for a while then he is ready to run again. If you watch some of my other Commander videos on youtube you see more of him.

Subscribe & Share.
Seems like a great dog and thanks for sharing your video.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cant figure out how to post a pic here of my Denali upgraded after last winter, it took a beating, but there are some on "my page"?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Would LOVE to see more. Thanks CTwigs!

We have a big DENALI sale .....72" plow with hydro going on through July 10. $999.99 with free shipping. Saves about $300. Shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Almost a year later it is time to get the plow ready to do some work. I did a few upgrades over the off season. We upgraded to the wear bar to 3/8 x 3 1/2" compared to the original 3/16 x 3" and used the old wear bar to hold down the DIY rubber flap kit.

Check out he original video of the plow doing work.

https://youtu.be/lP4qVdPSnmA

Check out the second video of the upgrades.

https://youtu.be/hnZnWrFNJJM

Thanks for watching please Share & Subscribe to my Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcBmL4T90ZmbwAr3zl7lB_A

Attachments

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Nice work! I wish I would have put my plow on yesterday BEFORE it started snowing.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
Looks like you got nailed boogster . We are still dealing with a cold snap that has come for a visit . In a hundred mile circle around me the temp is anywhere from -30---- -46 and that's way to chilly in my book's .
I need to dig my plow out also , because once it starts to warm up that white stuff will show up

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Their saying 7"-14" in Denver by morning, let's do this!

What is the width of the can am plow with the extensions? My 72" moto alliance got kinda narrow with the long travel kit and they don't have extensions. I have to plow with it angled as the drive way is 350'.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Looks like you got nailed boogster . We are still dealing with a cold snap that has come for a visit . In a hundred mile circle around me the temp is anywhere from -30---- -46 and that's way to chilly in my book's .
I need to dig my plow out also , because once it starts to warm up that white stuff will show up

Ha! I texted earlier Acehole a picture of my thermometer reading -0.7°, told him I feel like TROY. I guess I have nothing to complain about.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
I have a buddy that works in the patch and he saw -47 for a couple mornings . I happy that here in town it didn't get anywhere close to that cold . I saw -33 c and that's about -28f . But that's cold enough for me . I think I would rather go to one of bollax's house's . California or Mexico either one would be better than This !!!!!

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
My spies said that Big Rig Bandit is holed up in Vegas with ladies of the night and temps around 50°.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
The operator of the big red bandit is spending some time playing with the Vegas mattress thrashers . He has a credit card that captures air miles or inch miles one or the other

1 - 20 of 20 Posts