Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here and to the CAN-AM world (coming over from Polaris). I recently purchased a USED 2012 Commander 1000xt. pretty decent shape overall. test drove it in a Subdivision so didn't really hammer down on the throttle and it ran good. Made the deal, loaded it on trailer and took it home. next day went for trail ride and to my surprise it won't go over 5000RPMs!!!! it has a Yoshimura FULL exhaust so I am thinking it is just running very lean (that is what it actually sounds like). no check engine light or codes. starts right
up and runs fine until I try to go a little faster. any thing else I should be looking at? I have ordered a Big Gun Fuel Programmer anyway, but would love some help. THANKS!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
I assume your top speed is between 35 and 40 mph if only doing 5000 rpm. And yes it will melt the pistons with full yoshi exhaust and no fuel controller. Replace the the spark plugs and don't run it till you get the controller on it. Then let's us know what happens after Fuel programmer and spark up swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume your top speed is between 35 and 40 mph if only doing 5000 rpm. And yes it will melt the pistons with full yoshi exhaust and no fuel controller. Replace the the spark plugs and don't run it till you get the controller on it. Then let's us know what happens after Fuel programmer and spark up swap.
will do!! programmer should be here this Friday.
Thanks Ace.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I max out at the same speed/RPM range when the slo-mo key is in.

Don't have a slow-mo key do ya?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts