Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 commander 1000r max, when pulling out on the slightest incline sometimes its like it wont take gas and on cluster it says lower gear. Anyone know why it does this??

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
It the belt saver that's programmed into the ecm. If it tells you to go to low go to low or hit the reverse override button beside the shifter .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this normal or is ecm going bad? I can be on blacktop and it will do it sometimes doesn't do it all the time

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
It has a incline sensor that tells the ecm your on a hill. So yes its normal some machines are more sensitive than others . You dealer can hook buds up and turn it off. But chances that they are smart enough or willing to do it are slim to none.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lol if in high it won't let you throttle out unless you go to low or hit override button.
If I'm out crawling or doing some serious hilly terrain, I'll keep it in low. Most of my trail running is between 25-35mph speeds so I just keep it in high. Small/gentle hills I'll just hammer down and climb them. Any serious obstacles though I'll slow down and low-crawl it.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
I understand I'm just glad I had one of the old ones that didn't have belt saver. Unless rock crawling mine was always in high. No matter what trail or hill I was on. But it just sucks that they won't let you do what you want. Lol they have never replaced a belt under warranty. So why program the ecm to tell you to go to low when on a hill or even a slight incline.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's crazy how sensitive mine is to it. I guess i could have it reflashed right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts