Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 commander 1000 and I was riding it and it just shut off and a bunch of white smoke came from everywhere then it wouldn’t start so I jumped and it started then it went a little farther and shut of again and I heard a pop now it won’t start at all all I hear is the throttle plate opening and closing every time I try to start it any idea of what it could be

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Sure sounds like a head gasket blew the first time . Then it was drove with no coolant till it locked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It still has coolant in it I took to can am for them to change the belt and the oil I drove it 2 times and the second time it did that on me

·
Registered
581 Posts
The white smoke is usually indicative of water burning(aka steam). If you didn't ride through water, then that would come from your cooling system. You said you have coolant, but is it low? I would pull the center console plastics, and try to start it again. If it won't start, is it turning over as it should(slower or faster)? Then pull the plugs and see what you have. Visual inspection, check for spark, fuel. When you check for spark, does water come out of spark plug hole? Would need to check both of course, as you don't know which cylinder is suspect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it not even cranking at all every time you try to start it all you hear it the throttle body opening and closing

·
Super Moderator
23,701 Posts
Is it the throttle body or the starter trying to engage? If it popped a gasket it maybe locked do you water sitting on top of the piston . What did the white smoke smell like ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts