1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in the area (our cottage is 1 hour south of Mont-Laurier) a week ago and we only had a very light dusting of snow. Hopefully we will get more in time for your trip. I assume you are planning on snowmobiling? If not you can rent a Canam in Mont-Laurier. Recreational Vehicles and Machinery Rental in Mont-Laurier - Buy, Price | F. Constantineau et Fils Inc.

Wicked ATV trails in the area if you don't have snow in time for your trip.
Thanks, RJ
We will be taking the Commander and a few quads

·
Registered
76 Posts
You will have a good time then. I was worried you were only snowmobiling. The ATV trail system is very good in that area. Quebec has an amazing system of trails and the towns are very ATV/snowmobile friendly as a lot of them rely heavily on tourism.

It's a all day ride (in summer) but I can actually make it to Mont-Laurier on the trail system.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hmmmm sounds like fun. I'm dying to ride again

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is 2hrs from my place by truck and 6 hrs by atv!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't forget guys, that the ATV trails are not all the same from summer to winter!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is 2hrs from my place by truck and 6 hrs by atv!
Good riding up there, Fou?

Looks like this is the area we are heading to.
http://www.woodrunnertrail.ca/PDF/Carte_sentiers.pdf
I hope I am wrong but I thought the woodrunner trail system was snowmobile only?

Here is the ATV one.

Carte Quad-Aventure - Tourisme Hautes-Laurentides
That may be the one, RJ. I will only be follow some multi year veterans, as I have never been there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If my health was better I would offer to host you and have you guys ride in my area for a day as you have to go right by our cottage to get to Mont-Laurier.

I noticed in another thread you are trying to get the Racer Tech springs for your Limited in time for this ride. I also have a Limited and would make the trek just to see the new springs in action.

Let me know if you get them installed in time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If my health was better I would offer to host you and have you guys ride in my area for a day as you have to go right by our cottage to get to Mont-Laurier.

I noticed in another thread you are trying to get the Racer Tech springs for your Limited in time for this ride. I also have a Limited and would make the trek just to see the new springs in action.

Let me know if you get them installed in time.
Thanks, RJ! You're a good man. I hope your health improves, quickly and you get to get out more!

I will be sure to let you know on the outcome of the springs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Things should be nice and white for your trip up here.

We received a pretty good snowfall last night, I had to back the Commander out of the garage to get at the snowblower and it left a big brown stain in the snow where it was dragging on the skid plates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

We received a pretty good snowfall last night, I had to back the Commander out of the garage to get at the snowblower and it left a big brown stain in the snow where it was dragging on the skid plates.
Looks like we will not be heading that way.
The snowfall you speak of was enough for the groomers to groom for the snowmobiles. and that means, no ATV's or UTV's.

I will be in touch for the next planned trip. Maybe in the spring!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't let that stop you, still lots of trails available in the Mont-Laurier area. Only downside is that you need a trail pass for the ATV trails. The ones you were planning on using you probably didn't need a pass since they were really snowmobile trails.

·
Registered
453 Posts
http://www.fqcq.qc.ca/cartographie/carte-interactive/ here is the link the the interactive map. on the left hand side select "Hiver" for winter and you will get all the winter trails update and for 99% of them they are the same winter and summer.

Sorry I was late to reply, you should still go!

There is a nice loop that you can see some waterfall and then go on top of Devil's mountain where there is a small lodge for hot drink!

Look up in google image "Montagne du diable Mont-Laurier"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://www.fqcq.qc.ca/cartographie/carte-interactive/ here is the link the the interactive map. on the left hand side select "Hiver" for winter and you will get all the winter trails update and for 99% of them they are the same winter and summer.

Sorry I was late to reply, you should still go!

There is a nice loop that you can see some waterfall and then go on top of Devil's mountain where there is a small lodge for hot drink!

Look up in google image "Montagne du diable Mont-Laurier"

Thanks,fou!!

Would that take us near club Notawissi?
http://notawissi.com/en/

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would give them a call. I looked on their website and it looks like they are actually a bit north of Mont-Laurier and the directions they give look like they assume you are coming from Montreal, not the 309 which is what I would take. They do state they are 100K from Devil's Mountain so it looks like you would be in prime riding territory.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Did you make it there? how did it go?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Looks like we will not be heading that way.
The snowfall you speak of was enough for the groomers to groom for the snowmobiles. and that means, no ATV's or UTV's.

I will be in touch for the next planned trip. Maybe in the spring!
Did you make it there? how did it go?

We were not able to go :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts