Can-Am Commander Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now I understand. The main thing is that it does not damage the belt! I live in a mountainous area, and the descent from the mountains is a common thing for me. So I'm worried about keeping the brake on when installing the turbo clutches.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
If you try to go down steep slopes at less than 5 mph you can slip the belt . If you travel faster than that you won’t have grief .
The turbo clutches have been great for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: unshaven

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well, I stand corrected. I'm no clutch expert, just trying to understand what I've read on the forum before, and help explain it to unshaven. That's what I get for trying to help. Guess I'll go slam my foot in a door. (I'm wearing steel toe boots).:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you try to go down steep slopes at less than 5 mph you can slip the belt . If you travel faster than that you won’t have grief .
The turbo clutches have been great for me .

there is still a question, do I need to change the spring in the secondary turbo ? I'm going to bet on the Commander 1000, with a 30 " Gorilla Silverback. What is desirable to choose the weight of goods in the primary?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Well, I stand corrected. I'm no clutch expert, just trying to understand what I've read on the forum before, and help explain it to unshaven. That's what I get for trying to help. Guess I'll go slam my foot in a door. (I'm wearing steel toe boots).:)
I’m sorry if I messing up your good boots . I will shut up now

Reactions: cannedham

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
there is still a question, do I need to change the spring in the secondary turbo ? I'm going to bet on the Commander 1000, with a 30 " Gorilla Silverback. What is desirable to choose the weight of goods in the primary?
If you are going to use a QRS secondary you should use the helix for non-turbo machines . The turbo helix is much more aggressive . You likely would have trouble with over shifting with the turbo helix

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are going to use a QRS secondary you should use the helix for non-turbo machines . The turbo helix is much more aggressive . You likely would have trouble with over shifting with the turbo helix

Tell me the characteristics of the spring QSC not turbo?What is the desired weight for Centrifugal Lever in the primary?

ps
Troy! I apologize, but all the information that can be found on Commander, I learn only on this forum.... More I have no one to ask, so well this technique in my country, few people know. I really appreciate your desire to improve and help at the same time!

·
Registered
39 Posts
After reading a lot of your recommendations, I listened to them. I've already started installing Maverick dif and I'm going to order the Governor's Cup from America.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
A mav diff in a mander is a solid upgrade . I did my mander with the first maverick diff that became up for grabs at my dealer . I had to wait for a while before BRP had one to sell . Now that’s a long long time ago now

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Where on this old planet do you call home

·
Registered
39 Posts
A mav diff in a mander is a solid upgrade . I did my mander with the first maverick diff that became up for grabs at my dealer . I had to wait for a while before BRP had one to sell . Now that’s a long long time ago now

Tell me, do I need to buy a 705501650 shaft to install Mav diff or shorten my own?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Tell me, do I need to buy a 705501650 shaft to install Mav diff or shorten my own?
I cut my driveshaft and made it fit

·
Registered
39 Posts
Troy, Tell me the characteristics of the spring QSC not turbo?What is the desired weight for Centrifugal Lever in the primary?

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I am running factory weights in my primary clutch .
I have springs from Airdamn in both clutches
The springs from Airdamn made a big improvement in the performance of the clutching .
I did run 1 gram off 3 weights for a while but I hit the rev limiter way to much in low

321 - 335 of 335 Posts