Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a convenient way to removed the bottom 8 mm bolts on the bottom part of the clutch cover with the factory bash plates installed?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Universal joint ratchet extension up from the bottom with a nut driver works like a champ.

Just go easy putting them back in.

-Kris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you start them with your fingers when putting them back. The reason for all these somewhat obvious questions is I have two steel knees and bending them or getting around can be a bit difficult at times. I have about a 6 or 8 inch 8 mm ratchet wrench.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot to all of you. I am putting a Maverick belt on since that what this forum seemed to like. Will that short a wrench work on those bottom nuts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! That is exactly what I have. What year is your Commander? How much service are you getting out of your belts? I probably should play the lottery. I have over 2,000 miles on this belt. But, at 72, I am not ripping it like you guys do. I am in Montana and use an Alpine snow blade for a few months to get to a county road and I use it on 12 acer pastures to spray. The back country stuff I do is just for fishing and running around in the back trails of a mountain range...plus a bit of elk hunting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A good friend of min has a Kawasaki Mule and what he puts that through, he should film and they should use it for an advertisement. He will definitely create a pucker factor in the places he goes with it. He finally put a 2 inch lift kit on it because he is always knocking the struts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to hear. Do you have any kind of lift kit? I am contemplating putting one on mine but I do not want to create additional strain on the struts and I do not want to have to mess around with clutch weights. Stuff breaks by itself without me adding any problems. I would like a lift kit of maybe 2 inches though. What are your thoughts on that?

·
Super Moderator
23,013 Posts
If you do the lift rt pro lift is the one you want . I don’t have a lift nor would I ever use one. You can go to 28” rubber and it won’t need a lift or clutching .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Outstanding! I have avoided anything that would alter the designed mechanics of the machine. Have you noticed any adverse effects of the tire size change? What tires are you using?

·
Super Moderator
23,013 Posts
Dirt commanders 27/9x 12. Next set will be 28/10. You won’t notice much if anything going up 1” in tire size. As long as you don’t go with a crazy heavy tire .

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
13 model. Got 1500 on stock belt. 3100 on mav belt. Just put my third belt on 100 miles in it so far.

Lmao off you just put a belt on it?? What like 3 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,569 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Sept 2018 has 100 miles on the last belt installed. What seems to be your issue ??

You are one hardcore wheeler!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts