Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i installed rt pro dual rate springs and it did raise the machine......since i installed them, i have noticed a clunking sound that seems to be coming from the middle to rear of the vehicle and it only happens in reverse.......any idea of what this could be??? the machine only has 1000 miles on it.......thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are your axles fully seated?
thanks for responding, I'm no mechanic, how would i check? also wanted to add that it doesn't do it all the time, it was doing it when i was plowing but then i took the plow off and it didn't do it anymore.....ty

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
You may want to double check your plow mounts if its only happening with the plow attached also double check your shock and lift mounts just to be sure. The added weight of the plow could change the geometry of the suspension and something is rubbing/hitting especially if something is loose or not seated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may want to double check your plow mounts if its only happening with the plow attached also double check your shock and lift mounts just to be sure. The added weight of the plow could change the geometry of the suspension and something is rubbing/hitting especially if something is loose or not seated.
Also to add to Boogerhead's suggestions, if the CV joint have a few miles on them, when you lift the machine and the suspension goes full extension, the balls in the CV joints will travel further than the regular wear pattern and cause a constant clicking sound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for replying........yesterday i had it in reverse w/ the plow off and it wasn't making the sound anymore.....it seems to come and go but it definitely does it w/ the plow on......is there anything to worry about or am i causing damage by using it that way? ty

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
Try making your unit rock from side to side . Commanders have a rear sway bar that can make sounds that are not normal if some mounting bolts are loose or broken . But do check your plow mounting bracket for unwanted movements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts