Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When turning my switch to the second ON position there is a constant clicking noise , and idea of what it could be?

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
Guessing relay pull relays out of fuse box one at a time till it stops . Then check to see which relay it is.

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
You might switch it with one of the other relays to make sure it’s actually bad. If it continues to do it with another relay in it then you need to figure out what accessory is causing the issue or you may have a shorted wire . Those are always fun to chase down .

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You came to the right place as you can tell by Acefires comments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I did swap it out with another relay and the noise came back , I haven’t had the sxs long so I’m needing help figuring out the little quirks with it haha
You might switch it with one of the other relays to make sure it’s actually bad. If it continues to do it with another relay in it then you need to figure out what accessory is causing the issue or you may have a shorted wire . Those are always fun to chase down .

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
Put relay back in turn key on start unplugging the accessories one at a time to see which one make it stop clicking . You said it clicks in the on position does it also click in the lights on position. If so flip the high low beam switch and see if it stops .

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
and just to make sure change number 5 and 6 fuses. Regardless as to whether they look bad or not . You can swap them out with same size fuse from different location in the fuse box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it’s just on the first on position there is no clicking , the only thing I could think of would be a factory winch. When I first got the sxs the guy had the light toggle taken off and was literally inserting a fuse to make the lights come on. Also I have noticed I can have it to the second ON position and put it into 4wd and the clicking stops
And once you start it does it stop clicking?

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
It could be the 4wd switch you can pull it out take it apart clean the contact grease and plug it back in . But also sound like you have another issue with the winch . Need to figure what causing its issues as well .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help , I’m going to jump on that after work tomorrow and let you know what I come up with! Also is there an app I can go through to navigate to this forum quicker? I heard about Tapatalk but it won’t allow me to sign in
It could be the 4wd switch you can pull it out take it apart clean the contact grease and plug it back in . But also sound like you have another issue with the winch . Need to figure what causing its issues as well .

·
Super Moderator
24,937 Posts
Tapatalk you have to set up a account then find the forum and sign into the forum . I’m sure there are other apps out there but it has worked great for me for yrs now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tapatalk you have to set up a account then find the forum and sign into the forum . I’m sure there are other apps out there but it has worked great for me for yrs now.

So I noticed on my fuse box diagram that some spots say relays but it looks like there’s just been a bunch of cheap fuses placed in the spots. Do you happen to have a picture of a fuse box with everything in the correct spots?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man! Where could I pick up some new relays? Do you suggest getting oem or any other brand

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thanks man! Where could I pick up some new relays? Do you suggest getting oem or any other brand
If you search headlight relay on here just a couple of weeks ago I had an issue with mine. I listed the part number for O'Reilly's and napa for replacements for at least the headlight relay and the brake light relay.

Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts