Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just did my tie rods 2nite and everything went well. On the test drive I stopped in a field and reversed to look at something. As I put it back in high it sounded like my belt was clicking fairly loud. I actually thought I snapped it. Went from park to high same thing. One more time taking it easy and it started to move. Basically limped it home. Penny for your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
25,324 Posts
Oneway bearing is probably bad. If secondary is turning any at all at idle it will grind going into gear .

·
Super Moderator
25,324 Posts
Uatv-tech.com has the best oneway bearings and tool kits available. And they are better quality and cheaper than factory .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so to check that would i just pull the cover and let it run at idle and see if the secondary is turning? Where is the one way bearing located?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. Only had the machine 10days and I've got 100 miles on it. First time I heard that noise. Is replacing one way bearing a hard job? Will it do any more damage to drive it for a couple more days? Thanks for the advice

·
Super Moderator
25,324 Posts
Time consuming to get the cover off but easy to change once in there . Got video on YouTube pretty detailed on clutch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok right on. So doesn't sound like a belt to ya tho? I'd like to take a buddy for a quick rip 2moro before I tear it apart again lol

·
Super Moderator
25,324 Posts
When you hear a belt start slapping they are normally just at the point of exploding. So if your still running it I would say it gear grind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good video. I will def look those parts up 2moro. The tool kit would be handy too. Other wise doesn't look like too bad of a job. Thanks ace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts