Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to check out our sister companies website! Be sure to read all the news at the top of the page!

Sinister Diesel, LLC

Check out our new product offerings also for 7.3L trucks!

7.3L Banjo Bolt Kit

More fun stuff on the way!!

For those of you in AZ. Be sure to come check out our new shop at
621 w lone cactus road
phoenix az. 85027

Thanks all for looking!

·
Registered
70 Posts
SD.. what programmer do you recommend for the 2008 Ford F350 6.4 SD? I have been reading up on them and the Edge Products Evolution seems to be the best fit for me. Any insight? All I really want it for is towing my Toy Hauler, the extra HP would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
SD.. what programmer do you recommend for the 2008 Ford F350 6.4 SD? I have been reading up on them and the Edge Products Evolution seems to be the best fit for me. Any insight? All I really want it for is towing my Toy Hauler, the extra HP would be nice.

Thanks

So D, did you find one?

When I did the diesel swap in my H2, I tried them all (except EFI live) In less than two months, I had tried 3 different PPE’s, 2 Diablos, a Hypertech and an Edge unit.

There is no doubt that the EFI is the best tuner if you like to fiddle. At my age, I don’t want to mess with it. I want plug and play.

Having said that, all the units I tried were just that.. plug and play. None of them allowed changing the tune on the fly and only 1 of them allowed for tire size AND gear ratio changes. (most do just tire size... which because of the way GM’s are setup, that’s all they should need)

Most gave me 14-15’ish mpg while the Diablo Trinity gave me 17-18mpg. It only has 3 settings and was easy to install. I don’t even keep the unit mounted, I just install the tune and remove it.

I know it’s late but was just checking to see what you had gotten.

Mark

·
Registered
70 Posts

Thanks

So D, did you find one?

When I did the diesel swap in my H2, I tried them all (except EFI live) In less than two months, I had tried 3 different PPE’s, 2 Diablos, a Hypertech and an Edge unit.

There is no doubt that the EFI is the best tuner if you like to fiddle. At my age, I don’t want to mess with it. I want plug and play.

Having said that, all the units I tried were just that.. plug and play. None of them allowed changing the tune on the fly and only 1 of them allowed for tire size AND gear ratio changes. (most do just tire size... which because of the way GM’s are setup, that’s all they should need)

Most gave me 14-15’ish mpg while the Diablo Trinity gave me 17-18mpg. It only has 3 settings and was easy to install. I don’t even keep the unit mounted, I just install the tune and remove it.

Mark
Thanks Mark,

I actually have been looking at the Edge EVO2 Evolution. All I would ever use it for is the towing setting. When my Toy Hauler is loaded up I would like the little bit of extra HP and Torque that a programmer gives. This model comes with a nice mount for the 2008 Ford F350.

I don't think EFI Live has a setup for my year truck as far as I know. Did any of the programmers you tried out have a towing mode?

Dennis

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

Thanks

So D, did you find one?

Mark
Thanks Mark,

I actually have been looking at the Edge EVO2 Evolution. All I would ever use it for is the towing setting. When my Toy Hauler is loaded up I would like the little bit of extra HP and Torque that a programmer gives. This model comes with a nice mount for the 2008 Ford F350.

I don't think EFI Live has a setup for my year truck as far as I know. Did any of the programmers you tried out have a towing mode?

Dennis
Yup,

ALL OF THEM!

Like I said, I'd look into the Diablo if they make one for your truck, I'm very pleased with what they did.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts