Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing Sport Low harness and fan over ride harness on my 2016 Max I now have a check engine light on. Never had it before so wondering if the computer needs some time to recognize these or if I need to have dealer clear this. Or is there a way I can clear it?

Both harnesses are DZ products.

Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will these void your factory warranty or extended warranty?

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Computer will never recognize those add on. As for warranty that’s up to the dealer some pay no attention to them others scream abuse. Guessing if engine light wasn’t on before it’s something you done or defective part. Take the sport low back off and see if like goes out. If it doesn’t unplug the fan override . If still not out hook them back up and pull the codes.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
1. turn key to lights on position

2. use mode button and scroll to engine hour (EH) on gauge

3. press and HOLD the mode button while quickly toggling between high and low beam ( min 3 toggles in 2 seconds)

4. If there is any P-CODES they will be displayed

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. turn key to lights on position

2. use mode button and scroll to engine hour (EH) on gauge

3. press and HOLD the mode button while quickly toggling between high and low beam ( min 3 toggles in 2 seconds)

4. If there is any P-CODES they will be displayed
Thanks for that info^^^!!!!

Anyway it came up with P0790 code. Gotta be the Sprot Low harness.
Now have to take the skid plate back off to get to it since I already put everything back together:icon_rolleyes:
Unplugged the fan over ride but didn't shut it off.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Performance switch error . Try unplugging the switch and plugging it back in. Or flip switch and see if it goes out.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Why would you have to take skid off to get to sport low harness . Pass side side panel and it’s right there. Or did I read something wrong ??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you have to take skid off to get to sport low harness . Pass side side panel and it’s right there. Or did I read something wrong ??
Either skid plate or rear passenger seat to get the panel off. PITA but should have checked it when I had everything out for Sport Low and oil change. Whoops.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check to make sure 4wd switch and lights are working on correct switch as well.
All lights, 4x4, DPS, hazards, winch,etc work fine. Fan switch lights up with key and off with key as it should. Also only turns on with key on. I only disconnected the fan override at the radiator and hooked the factory plugs back together. Didn't disconnect it from the battery. Not sure that would make much difference tho.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
No it’s not the fan . Guess performance is showing on dash when switch is on and out when switch is off??

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
There’s a light on dash green when you turn the performance/ eco switch on . It’s out when switch is off .

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
If that light isn’t on in high gear when engine is running. You either have a bad connection between plug and switch or switch has gone bad. You can take switch apart clean inspect and grease .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhh now I follow ya. Somedays I can be slow in the skull :redface:
I will check that switch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts