Can-Am Commander Forum banner

Changing front axles and ran into a problem.

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  acefire 
#1 ·
I pulled my front axles off and found the end of the passenger side axle had broke off staying inside the diff. I got the circlip out and was able to pull the broke piece out with a magnet. My question is can you see the spider gear pin from the passenger side of the diff. I can see it from the driver side but the passenger side I can see what looks like another circlip with a broke piece of axle behind it. Is this supposed to be there or should I be able to see the pin from both sides.

#6 ·
Parts page says yes but I wouldn’t bet on it without having one in hand . But if it’s a true 12 model axle it’s a small shaft axle . The 13 up axles are two spline heavier on each end . But if you got yours apart and it has the 30mm ID bearing then yes it will fit. If it’s a the big bearing 42mm I think of 45mm the 12 axle won’t .

#7 ·
Hey acefire I know this is the wrong thread but I can't find a thread with the same situation. The day I broke my front axle I also blew my belt. So I replaced the belt with a gates high performance, went through a break process and now it whines really loud in low. Ear piercing loud. My wife has to cover hear ears. If you put it in high it goes away for the most part. Any ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.