Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Commander E LSV and need to change all 8 batteries. I read somewhere that you do not want to run the batteries dead since the computer (commander onboard computer or onboard battery charger??) will loose settings and you have to take the vehicle into dealer to reset the computer. True? If so, how do I prevent this when I remove all 8 batteries? I will not have the new ones there immediately since I need to take in the old ones in for the core charge when I buy the new ones. Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don’t have any experience those machines, but I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t connect a power source of equal value temporarily. Most ECU’s will hold the memory for sometime when disconnected. Recommend you check with your dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise. I did check with a dealer. They said the unit is plug and play, and should be OK. But he also said they do not have much experience with the E LSV. I hope he is right since i pulled the 8 batteries last night, which was also a complicated mess to get to all the batteries. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So how did it go pulling all the batteries? Were you able to get it running again after replacing the 8 batteries at the same time? Did you have to take it to the dealer for a reset?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts