·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They knew of the problems and kept silent until they got busted. Wonder of their defective roll bars killed anyone?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow I had no idea they had a ongoing issue like this. I seriously looked at a RZR before I bought my commander. So is there a fuel system defect or what is causing these fires?

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
One of the last ones was putting a vent line in a cross tube that could drip gas on the exhaust if the unit had a full tank and sat on a sidehill . Just poor workmanship.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
There ATVs are burning up to for similar stupid reasons!! I think Polaris basically had a stop ride recall on over 1/2 there products the have put out in the last 3 years or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Makes you wonder how the engineers missed this? And if they did miss this how good of a engineer could they actually be? Really calls into question the future of Polaris.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Seems it might be pretty easy to miss a detail like that. Polaris might have 100 Mec engineers working for them.... Living not all that far from Minnesota, we've meet a few here and there, spoken to a few on the phone as well when we had grief with our P machine. On a Skandic we had, if you filled the tank to the top, some would go out its tank breather when you sat on its seat.... Go figure, no manufacture has a perfect record.....

Makes you wonder how the engineers missed this? And if they did miss this how good of a engineer could they actually be? Really calls into question the future of Polaris.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Cheeseheads and mud ducks engineering the popo junk there mostly all drunk on the weekends since most mud ducks spend all there time in cheeseheadville! Sounds like a bad combo when it comes to the minor details!! Lol

·
Registered
697 Posts
:devil Not to be the devil's advocate here but...... all manufacturers have strengths and weaknesses (including Can Am) you can all name many recalls and engineering mistakes from all these overpriced toys!

I'm very happy with my 2019 Ranger Northstar with Ride Command........but the moment Can Am comes out with a new Commander/General model with heat and air conditioning like my new Ranger, I'm coming back from the dark side. Until then, I'm having fun in comfort & style with my Senior Citizen Utility SxS (IMHO).

Jut my two $0.02 cents worth. :grin

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
Canam screws up just as much as any of the others. You must just pick a model and brand of what catches your eye or wallet and deal with the short comings . Between SXS models and ATV’s I have owned just shy of 20 and they all have had there problems . The only thing that’s sucks about all this is way back the manufacture,s cared about quality and keeping a customer happy . These days the bean counters have to much say and that hurts us the customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
:devil Not to be the devil's advocate here but...... all manufacturers have strengths and weaknesses (including Can Am) you can all name many recalls and engineering mistakes from all these overpriced toys!

I'm very happy with my 2019 Ranger Northstar with Ride Command........but the moment Can Am comes out with a new Commander/General model with heat and air conditioning like my new Ranger, I'm coming back from the dark side. Until then, I'm having fun in comfort & style with my Senior Citizen Utility SxS (IMHO).

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
Verado, my brother has this machine with a snow blower on it and that machine has worked very hard and flawlessly. Comforts for the age challenged.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I was wondering when someone would figure out how to do AC in one of these.

Steve

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
In my end of the world maybe two heaters would be necessary as AC would only be nice for the 6 hot days per year . I wouldn’t mind putting some miles on a old lonely 2015 turbo mav that’s likely getting dusty

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
In my end of the world maybe two heaters would be necessary as AC would only be nice for the 6 hot days per year . I wouldn’t mind putting some miles on a old lonely 2015 turbo mav that’s likely getting dusty

I heard the tires are bald from the last time you drove it.....

·
Registered
12,658 Posts
If you recall you were behind the wheel and I was holding your beer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts