Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
It's protected since it's above the frame and should be fine for most position-wise. Water/mud riders will likely want to snorkel it or move it higher( if there is enough room in the wheel wells). It's almost an automotive style canister behind that trim panel.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Talked to the guy's from Muzzy's...Friday at Sandfest and as soon as Pro Caliber gets there 1st one in... they will have there jigs up going...ASAP....Barbara

·
Registered
50 Posts
Agree I am not a "mudder" but from time to time have water crossings that I can't avoid and the exhaust that low is a concern to me.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Agree I am not a "mudder" but from time to time have water crossings that I can't avoid and the exhaust that low is a concern to me.
Just keep your RPM's up and don't let it stall, and the water should not get into the exhast. the pipe turns up out of the muffler so the water should not get up in it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Theres really no other place Can-Am could have put it. Thats what you sacrafice with having a dual level cargo box though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know i's a dump bed but how about over the rear tire(s) pointing out I bet the aftermarket duals might be configured that way

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I know i's a dump bed but how about over the rear tire(s) pointing out I bet the aftermarket duals might be configured that way
I will have to see how much clearance there is to the inside of the tires between it and the side of the lower bed. Here is my idea:
Keep the muffler low (where it is now) if space is an issue, but somehow route the pipes coming out of the muffler up and through the rear side of the fenders and replace the lower reflectors beneath the taillights. Might not be practical or look sanitary enough, plus there could be bracing or some other interference in the sides of the bed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry LBR....I WILL NOT HAVE CHROME STACKS:eek:...and...I'm not putting zoomies on it either:rolleyes:......LOL....your sweet wife....:).....Barbara

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was thinking sidepipes like the old vettes if done right and tastefully
Kinda like that...Had fender well headers on my old 57 chevy...but don't want chrome here on the Oregon coast....it will soon be pitted with rust.....LOL....Barbara :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I was thinking sidepipes like the old vettes if done right and tastefully
Knowing Me or alot of the rest of us:
the sidepipes would end up stuck on a Log or Large Rock
Ouch!! :D LOL
:cool:
SS
We could use them as our rock guards...just wouldn't last long....they would be called "smashflows".....lol
Thats funny I Like That, I bet after they are smashed a couple of times, they will sound really cool. Like a Jake Brake? LOL:p:p

SS

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would think you could somehow put them on the inside of the rockguards maybe make them flatter vs round with flared tips like some of the motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts