Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to forum just received my crank and 1040 kit from mr rpm on stock 2013 commander 1000 xt might in a couple years add exhaust was looking at pcv and dobeck afr plus would like to just get pcv and get afr close .not worried about top hp just dont want to run lean would like your opinions thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
When I put a home built duals on my old mander I did a power Commander with auto tune .
I did not want to be one of those that are tuning when the group stops .
My mander was running lean before adding the fuel controller and plugs were 100% perfect after . The old girl still runs good

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I have the dobeck AFR plus it is very simple to use and you can make adjustments on the fly. I have a newer commander the uses the oxygen's sensors for anything below 6000 rpm so I can only adjust the afr above that. I really don't have any seat time with it yet so that's all I can really tell you about it for now.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
I would say being you bought mrrpm 1040 kit he can flash your ecm for anything mods you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Good point.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I dont recall him having flashes for his BBK's that didnt require any further tuning. Last him and I spoke, the only way that happened was if your machine was on his dyno.

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
Sorry I would have thought all that was taken care of when he started flashing the ecm. Before that you needed a stand alone fuel system to run his big bore kits. So without his dyno guess he still can make the kits run.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry I would have thought all that was taken care of when he started flashing the ecm. Before that you needed a stand alone fuel system to run his big bore kits. So without his dyno guess he still can make the kits run.

Yeah he could make some tweaks.....seems like I recall him having a flash for like a slip on muffler or full exhaust maybe? But when it came to BBK, there was too many variables......what compression you chose, cams, intake, port/polish, etc. that would mean having way too many flashes and not worth him having a tune for every situation.

But it never hurts to call him and find out for sure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts