Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors has it Can-Am will release a few different models of the commander. What do you think the differences will be?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Let the speculation continue......

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think they will offer an entry level utility version with a smaller motor and then a sport with a 990 to a 1000cc motor :cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi.

As for the engine size. It will depend on what brp has designed in a transmission.

As for the 991 engine it should be ok. However for a machine that will have all the off-road random stresses, an additional torque converter or seperate transfer case would be a good addition to the power train in both utility and sport versions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rumors has it Can-Am will release a few different models of the commander. What do you think the differences will be?
That's a good question.

Motor size is the obvious one.

It's unclear as to if the brp SxS will be as open form/class as the outlander simply with larger or smaller engines.

Suspension options would be my guess. I would like to see the legend adjustable suspension system as an option.

I've seen what the air suspension system can do to a rhino.. Very impressive.

I hope they have a true 4x4 center locker . Visco-lok has always been a pain for tracks or even tires.

Although the 2010 outlander visco-lok is quick to engage.

Cabs and other options will be a good seller.

A decent winch like a Ramsey 3000->5000lbs with remote control (like a tv remote).

Good armor is a must and i hope they learned their lesson from the problems with the outlander SST frame.

The other two main model difference would be utility vs sport.

I hope the commander will have TTI suspension.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any one had any luck with some photos of the commander?

Any official word on model types?

Eight days left... If they hold true to their announcement date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
News from a dealer......"
I have an up date on the new Can-AM SxS. The release of it will be Tuesday of next week and will be available for order on Wednesday. The machines will be shipped in August to those that have pre-orderd. I am a sales rep for them and can't wait myself. If anyone would like more info just send me a e-mail. I am not trying to solicit any sales off this web site just like to let the public know what we know. I also have pricing already and they are very affordable offering two models in the line up. Hope this is helpful to those waiting for this wicked machine. Oh and it does have a 1000cc motor with over 12inches of ground clearance. Boasting over 90hp. I seriously can't wait for my demo. "

·
Registered
806 Posts
News from a dealer......"
I have an up date on the new Can-AM SxS. The release of it will be Tuesday of next week and will be available for order on Wednesday. The machines will be shipped in August to those that have pre-orderd. I am a sales rep for them and can't wait myself. If anyone would like more info just send me a e-mail. I am not trying to solicit any sales off this web site just like to let the public know what we know. I also have pricing already and they are very affordable offering two models in the line up. Hope this is helpful to those waiting for this wicked machine. Oh and it does have a 1000cc motor with over 12inches of ground clearance. Boasting over 90hp. I seriously can't wait for my demo. "
Do you know if that is crank or rear wheel HP?......:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
pm sent gotmoxie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how soon can i order one and where can i get it from... im ready for mine,,just gotta locate one...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts