Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well hopefully your good to go for a while !!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Hopefully 馃憤 and thanks for the help.
Now I need to look at the shifting issue. It鈥檚 happened twice now at the very beginning of a ride then goes away. What is the one way bearing called? I need to research how to service it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hopefully 馃憤 and thanks for the help.
Now I need to look at the shifting issue. It鈥檚 happened twice now at the very beginning of a ride then goes away. What is the one way bearing called? I need to research how to service it.
Found a video on this forum that I believe was made by you?

馃憤

Administrator
It's called a onewsy bearing I guess. And yes it may have been one of mine . I would just replace the bearings with the double sealed bearings and be done. But I do have a service video. But it's more for general maintenance. Once it gets bad enough to hang the shifter it would be short lived after servicing it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's called a onewsy bearing I guess. And yes it may have been one of mine . I would just replace the bearings with the double sealed bearings and be done. But I do have a service video. But it's more for general maintenance. Once it gets bad enough to hang the shifter it would be short lived after servicing it.

Thanks, I鈥檝e actually repacked truck and trailer bearings many times so I recognize the process. However I鈥檓 just going to replace them with new bearings like you suggested.

馃憤

Registered
Scott-
The bearings are just bearings. What makes it a one-way is the assembly that the bearings go into. As Ace stated, you'll want to replace them with aftermarket sealed, as the OEM are open bearings. Ace has posted a link to the service manual on this forum, if the video doesn't get you where you need to be. Forum member 'Wanker' sells the bearings if you need a source.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Font Rim
Hand Camera accessory Camera lens Automotive tire Digital camera

Edit: Here's a link to Wanker's site.

Administrator
Between the two videos I got and the manual it should be a breeze . Acefire on YouTube for direct link to the videos . Or they are also on uatv-tech.com website with the bearings as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Between the two videos I got and the manual it should be a breeze . Acefire on YouTube for direct link to the videos . Or they are also on uatv-tech.com website with the bearings as well.

Dry cool stuff, thank you both!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts