Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, both machines are stock however, I may put the sport low over ride in my commander before I do this if I do this at all but a guy at work owns the 800 tyrex and is wanting to have a pull off. He is convinced he can drag my machine across the line. So convinced he said he would do it title for title. Should I take him up on this?

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Lol you got him by power and weight . His only advantage is one extra front wheel pulling and diff lock but only when he’s in low range and the wet clutch for smooth take offs . Tell him high range only . But I’m guessing one of the two will break once the wheels start hopping if in asphalt. On dirt I don’t think the Kaw has a chance .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. Yeah I was thinking low gear but wandered about the Versa lok. Don’t know much about it. Power wise I know I got him beat though... but I don’t know if I’ll do this or not...

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Visco not something to count on . It may kick both fronts in or just switch the pull from one side to the other. But if it starts wheel hoping you will be buy a axle or diff by the third hop.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Either way be prepared to break something you may not but you may . And don’t do the title for title . Lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah10/4. Sounds like some wise advise. If we do this we will do it on dirt or gravel and for bragging rights only.

·
Super Moderator
24,091 Posts
Dirt the gravel will hit you in back of the head . If you do it let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Be sure to hide 8 cement sidewalk blocks in the lower storage beforehand. If he asks why the rear tires look flat, just tell him the air pressure is low. Lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know when I was looking to buy a SxS. I did a test ride in a tyrex, I thought it was very slow and gutless compared to the commander. The can am seemed like it was sport, version. The tyrex seemed like a solid platform, but it was a pooch.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They don't advertise the horsepower because they only make 60hp or less on the older ones. Basically the same as a kids ATV from Canam.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I own a Teryx 4 and a Commander 1000. Seat of the pants to me the Kawasaki would win a pull off due to gearing diff lock and smooth launch of the clutch. The Commander is more fun. The Kawasaki is a tank with a top speed of 50. It is very well built. Challenge him to a drag race. They do different things well. I use the Kawasaki when I need 4 passengers and want to crawl or explore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts