Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new dayco belt on my bike.. i got it on amazon. the number is HP2032. my sxs is a 2017 caN AM COMMANDER 800 XT. I ask because 7 minutes after putting it on.. i reved it a bit for 2 minutes not exceeding 4k and ran it in low 5 minutes not exceeding 4k.. it broke before i could swirtch to the high range for 5 minutes... the secondary clutch spun off and went through the cover.. the 2 nuts backed right off the stud.. i assumed it was wrong belt but after youtubing.. i guess this is not a terribly rare thing to happen so it is possible it was just freaky weird timing... i ordered new parts and a new belt from my dealer but i hate to trash this dayco if it is the right one.. also, i am gonna put locktite on the stud when i put it back together.. should i use red or would blue be strong enough. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after some more research. it appears it is not the proper belt. stll not certain it caused the issue but seems awfully funny timing if it didn't

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Dayco belts are for lawn tractors. Get the oem mav belt. Last 3 are 364. If dealer has to order belt do to them being a non stocking item. Find new dealer. And order two always keep a spare on hand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they didnt have to order the belt . i just added it to my order perse as they had to order the washer and one of the nuts for outside of the secondary clutch. i also ordrred the other nut, stud and spring. i repaired the case with zip ties and epoxy.

·
Super Moderator
25,989 Posts
Cool belts are something dealer should be run out of. Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopefully i have better eresults with the mav belt, with the regular commander belt, i average only 3-4000 kilometers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with Gates and couldn't be happier. Still running great and a fraction of the cost. I ran a Gates on my 800 triple sled and my Summit. They worked every bit as good as the OE Bombardier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts