Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full, hard cab (715003110) installed on my unit and broke one of the keys in the lock. I have tried everywhere I can think of to get a replacement or two. I've checked into getting one made at various places and everyone tells me that it's a blank they don't have access to.

Any idea where I can get a replacement key or two?

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
Seems like you should be able to get blanks through Can-am then have them cut, or for that matter they probably only have a handful of different keys for the cab and you could just order the right key(s) directly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to see if can get something, it seems I tried once and was told to just go to a key place as they couldn't get blanks or keys.

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
Might try a good lock and key smith if you haven’t. They will have blanks and know how that you are not going to find at the local hardware store or big box store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went back to the dealer trying to get key blanks asking them to contact BRP and got the following response, wonder who in their right mind would do this:
Good Morning! Unfortunately Can-Am doesn't make the keys separately, but they supplied me with a part number that is a door latch replacement kit that also includes keys. The kit costs $228.26 out the door. I have attached a picture of whats included in the kit. Give me a call if you want to order them or have any questions

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I ordered 4. When looking various sites the profile appeared to be backwards, as in a mirror image of the key. for the little about it cost I'm willing to give it try. Thanks for the help. I'm surprised nobody said they'd spend $nearly $300 for new latches like BRP suggested. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts